Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fucking Computers...and Axis & Allies

So much for my plan for one very long post yesterday. If you saw the blog at all yesterday afternoon or evening you probably noticed that my post was cut off in mid-sentence. Well, my computer was going funky, so I quickly posted what I had written.....literally seconds later everything went nuts. Tried to restart it, but every time you tried to log in it just kept taking you back to the log in page. There was a team on techies working on it all afternoon, but there's still no resolution. I'm writing this on my laptop as I sit in my cube with a dead computer. So, I wasn't able to work or go online at all after 1:30 yesterday. I just sat around until 4:30, then they finally told me to just go home. When I got home I quicky turned on my laptop, hoping to check my email and finish my bloggin, but the interenet connection I'm stealing ion my apartment wasn't working ALL NIGHT!!! I was so fucking annoyed! So I accomplished nothing yesterday at all......
Now I've given up on my mega-post idea from yesterday.

In other news...AXIS & ALLIES

On Sunday Jay and Matt came over to play a little A&A minitaures. This is my new obsession, and I'm proud to say that it's contagious, and I now have Jay and Shawn hooked on the game....and of course on collecting the miniatures used in the game. I've spent many hours making spreadsheets and organizing my pieces over the past few weeks. Ah, the geekiness! These are just some photos I took on Sunday of the nerd fest.








(The German armor is about to be destroyed by the French and the British expeditionary force)







(After we played a couple games Matt took off and Jay and I began trade fest! This is out setup for our Uncommons trade. It looks fun doesn't it?...it was! It really was!)











(Here's Jay, proudly sitting at the trade table. As if the miniatures wasnt geeky enough, the helmet wall in the backround seals my fate as a geek! Oh, you can also see my A&A miniatures spreadsheet displayed on my laptop.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, no after action report?