Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gophers Unveil New Football Uniforms for 2008 Season ...yuck!

Well, we all knew it was going to happen. They great uniforms of 1999-2007 are gone. So here's my take on the new uni's.

I expected something bad, but even so I have to say I'm disappointed. I was expecting something modern, but not a change of the colors! So lets take it step by step here:

Side Piping: I'm not a fan of it, but I know that's the trend and it's what the recruits like, so I'm fine with it. This is the new feature of the uniforms that I have the least problem with.

MINNESOTA on the front: I really don't like this feature. I think it looks silly and makes the jersey look cluttered. It reminds me of 80's style uniforms and also the 1992-1993 Gopher jerseys that Jim Wacker changed to when he was named the coach.....bad memories.

Numbers: Well again, because of the MINNESOTA on the front the numbers had to be reduced in size, and they look too small. Also, and much more offensive, is the addition of the white outline around the numbers on the home jersey and yellow outline on the away jerseys. White isn't one of our colors! It adds to the cluttered look of the jersey having an outline. Numbers are much cleaner and easier to read without any outline at all. And if you have to add an outline, why not make it yellow to match the outline on the M on the helmets?!

Colors: This is the biggest mistake, and a terrible tragity. The maroon on the old uniforms was lighter and looked very good in all lighting. The new uniforms went back to the terrible brown/purple maroon look of the 1997-1998, and 1992-1993 teams. This is the same thing that both Jim Wacker and Glen Mason did in their first 2 season as coach, before going back to a lighter maroon. We lost the great colors of the 1999-2008 teams, and will now have to endure many years of brown uniforms....thanks a bunch for ruining the great uniforms Tim Brewster!!

Also in the color category is the addition of white pants to the rotation. I actually don't have a problem with the white pants being worn at home with the maroon jersey. It's not a terrible combination, and the first time the Gophers have had white pants since the 1967 season. (White pants were worn throughout the late 50's, through the 1960-1961 rose bowl season, to 1967.) The white road jerseys look bad, as there's a serious lack of color, especially yellow, in the trim. And the white jersey and white pants look aweful! Again, our colors aren't WHITE!!!

After having a day to digest this new look I've calmed down a little. It could have been much worse, but it's definitely NOT an improvement form the previous uniforms. I'll give it a grade of a C-.

And on a scale of 1-10, I give them a 4.











10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of Course these uniforms look a lot worse than the prior ones. They are not as bad as some schools have gone to in recent years. None the less they are still very bad! It looks like the pants are the same style as the Univ. of Arizona. I wonder if they also have the fanny pack on the back of these uniforms like UA does. While this style is better than Nike type swooshes running down the pants, it is still quite annoying. 34 bowl games and ridiculous uniforms are slowly turning me off from College Football.
P.S. Nice Report,Thanks, but what is with the Commie/Socalist stuff?

Anonymous said...

the new uni's are amazing. how can you hate on the freshness of the all white? you must be at least ninety! and the darker maroon looks much less pansy! these uni's rock!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above statement. These uni's are tight, im color blind so I didnt even know the colors were changed but the piping and look is pretty amazing. Who says white isn't our colors, the viqueens are purple and gold am i right, they were white, white is everyones color so stop bashing on the white.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above statement. These uni's are tight, im color blind so I didnt even know the colors were changed but the piping and look is pretty amazing. Who says white isn't our colors, the viqueens are purple and gold am i right, they were white, white is everyones color so stop bashing on the white.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above statement. These uni's are tight, im color blind so I didnt even know the colors were changed but the piping and look is pretty amazing. Who says white isn't our colors, the viqueens are purple and gold am i right, they were white, white is everyones color so stop bashing on the white.

Anonymous said...

Uniforms are sick. my high school has the same colors so we have the same uniforms as the gophers.

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on marxistgopher.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research points that almost 50% of all U.S. grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

pre teen sex stories said...

I dont know. Androids are machines, and we shouldnt live with machines.
family taboo stories
sex stories post rape fantasies
kristen lesbian love stories
exotic adult sex stories
free incest pics and stories
I dont know. Androids are machines, and we shouldnt live with machines.

adult gay animal sex stories said...

I pull up to thetatoo place and help the wife out. I getdressed, get in the car and head for the seedy part of town.
free erotic stories medical fetish
lesbian stories
wife femdom stories
interracial cuckold wives stories
group sex stories
I pull up to thetatoo place and help the wife out. I getdressed, get in the car and head for the seedy part of town.