Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Broken Down Bowlers.....with no money

Ho-hum, another day another dollar.
Another weekend ends, another week begins.
Working for the weekend...etc, etc.

Since i'm back and work and bored out of my frickin' mind, it's time for another post. Isn't it funny how you only hear from MarxistGopher when he's at work? Hmmmm....makes you think.

Don't worry Denise, weekends just seem to be my down time. I haven't given up yet. It would be more fun ig more people commented on my posts, but lets be real, I'm not saying anything that interesting. So I don't blame you. I'm probably losing a reader a day ;)

I wanted to tell the story of my night of bowling last Thursday. It's been too long to give a detailed report, but I'll give the brief version. I had a great time! It was a lot of fun! I got in 6 hours of bowling (from 6:00-Midnight) for $7. Talk about getting your moneys worth! Jason Johnson went with me and we met Brianne there. We bowled roughly 3 games and drank a pitcher of Miller Lite....i got as little buzzed. After Jason left I bowled a game with Brianne and then Jess from the MPC came with her boyfriend and we bowled a couple more games. When we finally left just before 12:00 is when it really got interesting.....

The drunk in the next lane came over and started hitting on Brianne; which was very emasculating, since I was sitting next to her all night! Geez, how did he know we wern't together...even though we weren't...but how does he know that!? Then, after we head out, Brianne's car won't start. I've never seen anyone who's luck is as bad as hers with cars, buses, and trains....basically transportation in general. She's had more things break down then I have time to write about here. Though I can't understand why this car wouldn't start. I mean, thats a nice looking car. That girl is RICH! Anyway, i ended up giving her a ride home and she came back the next day and her car strarted up. (Apparently it was a wiring problem and the rain that night had caused the problem. The next day it had dried out and started right up). So that was the night! It was really a lot of fun. I gave it a 9!


That's about all that's going on right now. I had a pretty boring weekend or TV watching. I actually got so bored yesterday I came into work to play baseball for 15 minutes and then went home. Wow! I need to find something else to do on the weekends, especially that Monday off. That's the problem with having a weekday off work. All your friends are working, and there's ain't much to do. This is especially true when you're poor, like me! I was able to sell the 7 jerseys on eBay for $901 + $70 for shipping(i ripped them off) - actual shipping costs - eBay fees = rougly $900\2 (gotta split it with Matt) = $450 for me. But I bought those Gopher Football Season tickets at the Spring Game saturday ($390). And that was with the 20% discount! My seats suck too. They're in the corner of the endzone by the student section down close to the field. Oh well, I won't be sitting in them anyway. I'll give the crappy games away and sell the good ones on eBay to make some of my money back. It's all about the priority for the new stadium!

That reminds me, I have to post something along with my Spring Game photos. Maybe I'll tackle that one tomorrow. I guess this post wan't that interseting either. Oh well, you'll have to wait until something interesting happens in my life or I become motivated to talk about something besides my daily life and sports.

Ah, the new MarxistGopher Report, meaningless rants. I might post again this afternoon to make up for my weekend of neglect. But I warn you, it will be meaningless....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the Marxist Gopher needs is a manifesto. How can you call yourself a Marxist when you don't even have a manifesto? So, what kind of Marxist are you, Andy? A Trotskyite? A Shining Path Maoist? A Lasallean? C'mon, otherwise how will you get swept up in the next purge?

Internets Attachment: This comment is being monitored for your safety by the Department of Homeland Security's call center in Bangalore, India. Remember: don't suspect a friend--turn him in! Thank you and have a great day.