Thursday, April 20, 2006

MarxistGopher Update - Poverty, Gopher Football, & Bowling

So, I have $400 to my name right now. I'm poor. No, not just poor, fucking poor. I'm selling 7 football and hockey jerseys on eBay right now because I need the cash. They're selling for roughly $775 right now, and end on Sunday. I know that sounds like a lot of money, but once you subtract the eBay fees and I split the profits with Matt(we own these together...long story), we're probably talking about $300-$350. As long as nothing happens to Spitfire in the next 6 months I should be fine.(Vet bills have killed me in the last year)

The problem really is Gopher Football. The spring game is coming up this Saturday at 11am at the Metrodome(thats my plug). While it is a free event, they are selling public season tickets for a 20% discount at the game. I've never had my own season tickets in the past(I've always gone with Matt), but I'm thinking about getting my own for 2 reasons: 1. So I can get some seating priority when the new stadium is built. 2: While I'm keeping my priority I can sell the single game tickets and hopefully get my money back or even make some small profit. So I have to come up with $360 somehow to buy those tickets on Saturday. Hello plastic!

Okay, so lets assume I find a way to get through the season ticket issue. In June, it looks like the Athletic department will be having their semi-annual equipment sale....drool. This can get very expensive, especially if they have football and hockey jerseys...drool. I'm not planning on buying much, but we'll see if that holds when I show up and see all those jerseys hanging on those racks.

So fine, lets even say I find a way to mentally and financially struggle through both of these problems. Now the University has announced that the Gophs will be wearing 1960 throwback uniforms for the North Dakota State game this fall, and then auctioning off those uniforms afterwards. My God! I have to have a couple of those unis! Ahhh! So as you can see, being a collector of Gopher Football equipment is not an acceptable hobby for someone with my financial situation. But hey, what do I do? Thats what I Love? Aren't those beautiful jerseys?

But anyway....I digress....

Nothing really exciting going on with me this week. I've just been staying home watching the teli. I'm really into the TV show "House," and just got the first season on DVD from Netflix. I've been wathing those episodes one after another every night this week. Tonight I'm going bowling....yeah, thats right, bowling....with Brianne and Jason at Nokomis Lanes for Briannes 'Y' group thingy. I don't know, one of the things shes involved in. I assume it's for a good cause? I'm really kind of nervous about it b/c; I really suck at bowling and don't want to make an ass of myself(some macho thing); and there's going to be a lot people I don't know there, which is scary :( Hopefully I'll be feeling alright. I got violently ill right after lunch today. I'll spare you the details, but it weren't good! But I'm feeling better now :)

Now I'm heading home. I need to recover from a day at the MPC before I can venture out in public again. Sorry this post was so boring. I'll have something more interesting to post about tomorrow....maybe ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No recent posts... Have you given up already?