Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The beginning of the new MarxistGopher

Greeting faithful readers. You may have noticed some major changes to The MarxistGopher Report in the past 24 hours. This is the beginning of the major overhaul of the site. I've completely changed the format of the blog from a 2 column to a three column, with an entirely different layout and text style. I'm working on the backround and setting up all the original links and extras from the old blog right now. Then I'll begin adding all the new bells and whistles to the site, which will hopefully create an exceptional experience for my visitors. I felt the need to expand to the 3 column because the content of the site was beginning to outgrow the 2 column format. The biggest new content addition(outside of the very impressive astetic improvements) will be the MarxistGopher movie database. It will include every movie in the MarxistGopher collection along with my rating and a link to all the info you could possible want about every film. It may be fairly crude when I first set it up, but I'll be working on improvements as I learn more. I've learned a ton about web design and HTML code in the last few days alone. So hopefully I'll only get better at it.

Please let me know what you think of the new format and background by commenting on this post. (Oh, and I will be changing the text to white so you can actually read it over the black background.) I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying doing it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Andy. This is David.

I've been looking online for potential background images for your blog, and I think I've found a few possibilities.

http://www.woodmans.com.au/gallery/swatch.html

The website I think is basically a color chart to help people select a certain color of wood paneling for a wall or floor of their house; anyways, I thought maybe a wood texture would look interesting?