Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Rainy NFL Draft Weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm back at work and back to blogging. Did anyone else think this weekend just plain sucked. It rained for 4 straight days. Apparently I need to take some more happy pills because all that rain made me lethargic and sad. I think I watched 8 movies over the weekend, 4 on Sunday alone!

But I feel like I should address the NFL draft that happened last Saturday. I spent 9 hours sitting on the couch watching and recording every pick in my notebook. At some point near the end of the 2nd round I just got sick of it and stopped my record keeping. Shortly after that I got sick of wathcing the draft all together and decided to watch a movie instead. God damn I spend a lot of time sitting on the couch that day!

Anyway, to the actual picks. I was shocked and appauled that Texans passed on Bush to take Mario Williams. On the other hand I like tha Saints slightly better than the Texans, so i'm glad they got Bush instead. I thought Arizona and Green Bay probably had the best drafts, and Buffalo and Detriot had the worst. Why the fuck would the Lions pass on Leinert?! The Lions have needed a QB for the past 30 years; and while I'm not a big Leinert fan, it seems like that would be the time to take the risk of taking a QB high!? Am I right people? I won't even go into the Bills stupidity. I'll just say that I think Marv Levy may be suffering from some dementia. McCargo in the 1st round?! What?! Why am I a Billls fan?

Okay, now to the Vikings. I was okay with their first round picks, although I think they should have traded up to get Cutler. They NEED a QB! Johnson is old....and he sucks. So, Greenway(fine)....Griffin(fine)....the New Mexico C in the 2nd(WTF?) Ugh, the Vikings basically blew the rest of the draft. I was pissed....and then I remembered I'm a Gopher fan....and got depressed instead. I don't know what to think about the QB they took from Alabama State...Travaris Jackson. I'm intreagued only because I don't know anything about him. If I did, I'd probably be more upset....I'm sure he'll be a bust.(and they traded up to pick this guy, ugh)


Laurence Maroney to the Patriots #21 overall! Higher than I thought he would go...and I kind of wish he would have gone to the Colts, it would have been a better fit for his running style, but I'll think he'll do fine at New England. Hey, at least all my Maroney stuff just increased in value!

Anyway, i was going to give my explanation of the new MarxistGopher movie Database that I'll be adding to the site. (it will be the best part of The MarxistGopher Report), but I don't have the time right now. I really NEED to finish the reel I'm working on before lunch, I'm so far behind. Plus Brad Jarvis is stopping by soon to play some baseball with Mark and I for a little while, so that'll kill a lot of good work time too. Anyway, once I get caught up this afternoon I'll post about the Movie Database and other events.

Peace and Love,
MarxistGopher

No comments: