Friday, April 22, 2005

Kerry Considering Another Run in 2008

Mark Dayton said he has little doubt that Kerry is planning to run for president again in 2008. When New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton attended the DFL Humphrey Day Dinner in Minneapolis less than two weeks ago, Dayton, D-Minn., told the crowd he hoped he was introducing 'the next great president of the United States of America.' Two days later on the floor of the U.S. Senate, Dayton said Kerry approached him 'with daggers in his eyes' and said, 'What are you doing endorsing my 2008 presidential opponent?'... He was very serious.' Kerry's office disputes Dayton's account. David Wade, his spokesman, said 'there was nothing but joshing on the Senate floor.'

Kerry's Minnesota Visit May Have Wider Purpose (Star Tribune)

What an idiot. Why is he doing this to me/us? I really hope he reconsiders. "Worst candidate ever." I wouldn't want to see a Kerry-Clinton matchup in the primary. Someone please reassure me that its not gonna happen...It seems like Edwards and Warner are also going to run, and seem like the best candidates. At this point(very very early) I think I'm behind Edwards. I would enjoy a Hillary run, just for the excitement of the first woman candidate, but I fear she would be crushed in the general election.

No comments: