Sunday, May 08, 2005

Film Review: Glengarry Glen Ross

Glengarry Glen Ross is the story of the dark inner workings of real estate salesman. It reminded me a lot of Boiler Room and Wall Street, which was the main reason I thought I would enjoy it(it also got good reviews). Sadly, I found it to be a very dissapointing movie. The plot was not developed as I thought it could have been, and I found it to be fairly predictable. It is full of stars...Al Pacino, Alec Baldwin, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey...if you're into that sort of thing. I however, am not. Its a movie that may be worth seeing simply to say that you've seen it, but I wouldn't put it at the top of your list.

MarxistGopher's Rating: *****(5 0f 10 stars)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're saying that you LIKED Boiler Room, and DIDN'T like Glengarry Glen Ross? From now on I may have to invert your film review scores...

MarxistGopher said...

Well yes...but to be fair I didn't say that I didn't like Glengarry Glen Ross, just that it was average. I guess I was just more dissapointed because I expected so much from it. I did give it a 5 for the love of Jebus! And I didn't think Boiler Room was a great movie, but it was pretty good.

Jay said...

Well, neither Wall Street or Boiler Room(!) inspired a recurring character on the Simpsons. Glengarry Glen Ross on the other hand ...