Monday, May 23, 2005

Film Review: LA Confidential


LA Confidential
1997
2 hrs 15 min
Directed by Curtis Hanson
Starring Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce, Kim Basinger

Plot: A shooting at an all night diner is investigated by three LA policemen in their own unique ways.

This ws an excellent suspense film. It was everthing that I had hoped Chinatown would be. Period pieces are tough to pull off, but I thought LAC managed it very well. Great acting by Kevin Spacey as usaul...and the rest of the cast wasn't too bad either. Plus, it's about corrupt LA cops. Who doesn't love that theme! Bad LA cops seems to be relavent in any decade. I didn't think that it was a very deep movie, but in terms of a mystery/thriller its one of the best I've ever seen. I'd say this one is worth seeing if you haven't, though I don't know if I'd see it again....maybe if it was on TV I'd watch it.

MarxistGopher's Rating: *******(7 of 10 stars)

No comments: