Friday, April 15, 2005


Klobuchar to Formally Announce Senate Candidacy Sunday

Amy Klobuchar is expected to announce that she is formally entering the 2006 Senate Race this Sunday from her mothers home in Plymouth. She had already raised $580,000 as of April 6th. Her closest competitor(as of now), Patty Wetterling, has raised $330,000 since Mark Dayton said he wouldn't seek re-election. Republican Mark Kennedy, the likely nominee, raised $550,000 in the same period.

Klobuchar Leads in Senate Fundraising

If my choice is between the worst speaker I've ever heard, Klobuchar, and the second worst speaker I've ever heard, Wetterling, then I guess I'll have to go with the 2nd worst. I think Wetterling has a good shot at beating Kennedy, and I think Klobuchar has NO chance. We'll see though. There will certainly be a few more candidates in the race shortly.

Jerry Janezich of Chisolm has talked about running. So has my personal favorite, Tom Rukavina, State Rep. from Virginia. I'll be supporting him if he runs. Then there's that bastard Mike Cerisi, who I clearly don't care for; although I think he'll probably get the nomination if he runs. But maybe I'm just being a pessimist. That would be different eh?

I'm sure I'll have much more on the Senate race as things develop...

4 comments:

Jay said...

My impression is that Klobuchar would be a good candidate. I don't understand the (apparent) enthusiasum for the bastard but I hope he doesn't run. Jerry needs to run -- might get me to a DFL convention.

MarxistGopher said...

You have to get excited about Rukavina though! Have you heard him speak!? His screaming populism reminds me of Wellstone. (though a stranger, uglier appeearace) I love Jerry too though. Maybe I can just recycle the Janezich shirt I still have from 2000.

You clearly haven't heaerd Klobuchar speak before have you? Ugh. Its really torture to have to listen to her. I had to leave the convention floor when she spoke at the DFL convention. I felt sorry for her.

Anonymous said...

I like Jerry and Rukavina, but please, no more middle-aged white guys with lots of legislative experience as nominees for the DFL. Don't you see the pattern, already? Kiss of death, man.

Any word on what Judy Dutcher's thinking?

MarxistGopher said...

I haven't heard anything on Judy Dutcher...anyone?