Monday, April 11, 2005

Robbinsdale Women's Clinic vs. Robbinsdale Women's Center

On the front page of the Robbinsdale Women's Clinic website this warning appears:

CAUTION:

We are NOT AFFILIATED WITH Robbinsdale Women's Center which is an organization not supportive of a woman's right to choose abortion. This organization's close location and use of a similar name to ours, sometimes causes confusion for our patients and referral sources.

The Robbinsdale Womens' Center name and location, set up across the street from the Robbinsdale Women's Clinic on West Broadway, were designed to confuse. The lies and deception continue when women mistakenly enter the Women's Center, according to complaints filed with the Attorney Generals Office.

"In trying to find the Robbinsdale Clinic, I mistakenly went into the women's clinic across the street. When I told them my name and appointment, they had me take a seat and had a counselor talk to me about anti-abortion. At which time I learned I didn't have an appointment there at all. They then said they did not know of this facility(the Womens Clinic)," said one complaint.

More than a street divides clinic, center (Pioneer Press)

No comments: