Friday, May 12, 2006

Lazy Friday

I was late to work this morning due to an unforeseen television event. I got up and flopped down on the couch to watch a couple of minutes of TV before I left for work. Unfortanately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I stumbled onto ESPN Classic's 1996 Buffalo Bills. I was a huge Bills fan in the early to mid-90's so I was sucked right into that show. The memories of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and the great center Kent Hull came flooding back to me. Of course so did the memories of those 4 straight Super Bowl losses. First the heartbreaker to the Giants...damn Scott Norwood; then the Redskins disaster in Minneapolis; only to be followed by 2 thrashings by the Cowboys...but at least I have the Don Beebe memory to save one of those Super Bowls. Every time someone was caught from behind in my pickup football games, everyone would yell "Don Beebe!" Why am I a fan of the Bills, Vikings, and Gophers!? What the hell is wrong with me?! Talk about a bunch of lovable losers. But anyway, it was fun reminiscing about my childhood through the 1996 Bills, so it was worth being a little late to work today.

No comments: