Monday, December 17, 2007

Rich Rodriguez to Michigan!

Michigan annouced the hiring of Rich Rodriguez as it's new head football coach this morning. Rodriguez is leaving his alma mater, West Virginia to coach the Wolverines, after Michigan failed to get their obvious #1 choice and alum Les Miles from LSU. Rodriguez will undoubtably be bringing the spread offense that he ran at West Virginia, and hopefully will be bringing the bad defense and inabilty to win big games with him as well.

I think this is a bad hire for Michigan. Nobody wanted the job, so they end up with Rodriguez as a 4th or 5th choice. I love it!

Good luck Rich! I give you 3 years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I don't care about Rich Rodriguez.... but where's the post about the very exciting game shopping?

MarxistGopher said...

game post is coming tomorrow. I was going to do it tonight but I forgot about the Vikings game, and JJ is coming over to watch it on the big screen.

Jay said...

I think you're wrong on this one -- RR is a very good hire. Better considering how adrift the MI coaching search seemed to be. He's better than Schiano. Worse than Miles.

MarxistGopher said...

I disagree. I think Schiano would have been a better hire for Michigan. How long is it going to take Rodriguez to change to a spread offense. We saw what that looked like at Minnesota. Granted, Michigan has better players, but it's till going to be a rough transition that I don't think Michigan fans will have the patience for.

Jay said...

RR has put together offensive juggernauts everywhere he has been. And while the Pitt game was pathetic, he had West Virginia in the National Title race. West Virginia. The comparison to Minnesota and Brewer seems the same but it is not -- and you said. Michigan's current talent level is world's beyond what Brewer inherited and Michigan's current players will have far less difficulty playing in his offense than Minnesota's current players had adjusting to Brewer. And, of course, even Mason's players ended up playing pretty well in Brewer's spread offense.

MarxistGopher said...

Stop calling him Brewer!!!!!!

Jay said...

umm, the s and t don't work on my computer?